We are privileged to have several outstanding universities in the Midwest area, many of which have active SAMPE student chapters. As set forth in the Midwest SAMPE Mission Statement, we wish to take an active role in fostering these students in the field of materials and process engineering. In addition, there are several programs and awards already available to SAMPE student members through the international office.
A SAMPE student chapter can be formed if there are at least 8 paid student members and a faculty advisor involved. For more information on how to form a student chapter, please send an email to Jim Johnson.
Midwest universities with established student chapters:
- Purdue University
- University of Akron, The (UA)
- University of Cincinnati, The (UC)
- University of Dayton, The (UD)
Other universities in the Midwest Region with programs in Materials Engineering:
- Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT)
- Miami University (Oxford)
- Ohio State University, The (OSU)
- Ohio University
- Sinclair Community College
- University of Kentucky, The (UK)
- Wright State University (WSU)